Blanco Chamber of Commerce, on behalf of The City of Blanco, is accepting applications for the Hotel Occupancy Tax Grant Program for projects/expenditures that directly enhance and promote tourism and the hotel industry.
Events applied for must be likely to increase overnight stays in the area and meet one of the following requirements:
1) Convention and visitor centers;
2) Convention registration;
3) Advertising, solicitation, and promotions that attract tourists and convention delegates to the city or its vicinity;
4) Expenditures that promote the arts;
5) Historical restoration and preservation programs;
6) Sporting events;
7) Funding transportation systems for tourists; and
8) Funding signage directing tourists to sights and attractions that are visited frequently by hotel guests in the municipality.