2019 Blanco Lavender Festival Market Policies, Guidelines and Information
We are delighted that you will be a participant in the 2019 Blanco Lavender Festival Market! Whether this will be your first Lavender Festival or your tenth, the Blanco Chamber of Commerce cordially welcomes you to the Lavender Capital of Texas®. We would like to provide you with the following guidelines and helpful information so that you can plan for a successful weekend as well as smooth set-up and tear-down.
Please review the following information carefully.
Move-In Day, Time, and Details
Move-in and set-up will be Friday June 7th from 8:00 am until Noon. When you arrive, you may proceed directly to your assigned space to unload. Arts & Crafts booth numbers will be painted on the grass with white marking paint. Food and Texas-Made booth numbers will be drawn on the street with chalk.
Please be sure to set up in your assigned booth space!
After unloading, please stop by the Chamber tent, located on the south side of the Old Blanco County Courthouse Square, to pick up your parking pass (and electrical pass if you reserved electricity) and let us know you’re here. Next, please move your vehicle to a designated vendor parking area before setting up, in order to help the large number of your fellow vendors have unloading access to the square.
Please note: no late check-in will be allowed on Saturday.
Market Days and Times
Booths must be open and staffed during the following hours of operation:
Friday June 7th from Noon to 6:00 pm
Saturday June 8th from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Sunday June 9th from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
You are welcome to open as early as you like each day.
Off-duty police officers will be on-site both Friday and Saturday evenings. You may leave items of value in your booth at your own risk. In addition, security will be present during festival hours at intersections around the square, and in the area.
Move-Out Day and Time
Move-out time will be Sunday June 9th from 4:00 pm until dark.
No tear-down may begin prior to 4:00 pm on Sunday afternoon. Please pack up your booth and be ready to load out before bringing your vehicle to the square, as a courtesy to your fellow vendors.
Any items left behind after Monday, June 10th may be subject to towing and rental charges.
Important Street Closure and Parking Information
Pecan and 3rd streets will be closed to traffic from Thursday June 6th at 5:00 pm through Sunday June 9th at 4:00 pm. Vendors will have controlled load-in access on Friday June 8th from 8:00 am until Noon. You must move your vehicle after you have loaded in and picked up your parking pass, BEFORE you set up your booth. We ask that all vendor vehicles be off the square no later than 11 am.
The “official” vendor parking area is one block south of the square in the “Pecan Bottoms” field behind Cranberry’s Antiques, on 2ndStreet, across from the Dairy Queen and accessible by Highway 281. This area fills fast. Parking on neighborhood streets around the square is also permitted, provided you do not block driveways.
If you have an empty trailer, please park it responsibly in the vendor parking area.
There will be ABSOLUTELY NO VENDOR PARKING ON THE SQUARE except for the load-in and load-out times detailed above.
Illegally parked vehicles will be towed at the owner’s expense.
Please keep your vendor parking pass visible on the dashboard of your vehicle during the entire festival…when unloading, parking, and loading out.
Please be aware that vehicles are the most dangerous thing on event days. Those who disregard our parking rules may forfeit their market booth and be asked to leave the event with no refund. Please help us keep the area safe and accessible for yourselves and your festival visitors.
Please keep your area clean and any trash picked up throughout the weekend, and make sure your space is clean when you depart on Sunday evening. Trashcans will be located throughout the grounds. Volunteers will patrol the grounds throughout the weekend to remove trash.
Other Important Policies and Information
• Please, no pets! For their health and safety, we ask that you do not bring them to the festival. Service animals are welcome; please leave all others in the comfort of home!
• Driving on the courthouse grounds to load in or load out is strictly forbidden.
Please bring a dolly if necessary.
• Tent stakes on the courthouse grounds are strictly forbidden due to the underground sprinkler system.
If you will be under a pop-up canopy in any location, please plan to secure your corners by other means.
• If you are an Arts & Crafts or Texas-Made vendor who reserved electricity, please bring a long, heavy extension cord, for we are unable to provide them. You will be allotted one plug-in “socket.” Items that are permissible to plug in include fans, basic lighting, cash registers, and credit card machines ONLY. Electricity availability is completely sold out. Anyone who pirates or misuses electricity will be unplugged.
• 10’ x 10’ open spaces are provided to Arts & Crafts vendors. 10’ by 20’/custom-sized open spaces are provided to Food vendors. You provide your own canopies. 10’ by 8’ open spaces are provided to Texas-Made Specialty Packaged Food vendors in the big tent. All categories of vendors must provide their own tables, chairs and display infrastructure.
• Each booth must have a contact person responsible for the booth registered with the Blanco Chamber of Commerce. (The person who signed the application and checked in is generally the contact person).
The contact person is responsible for making sure everyone working in the booth is fully aware of all event policies and guidelines.
• The Blanco Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to reject any displayed merchandise that is not in keeping with examples submitted to and approved by the jury.
• There will be no refunds after acceptance or should bad weather or illness occur.
For assistance of any kind throughout the festival weekend, please don’t hesitate to contact the Blanco Chamber of Commerce office. Our phone number is 830-833-5101. Helpful volunteers will be available to assist you before, during and after the event.
Thank you for being a valuable part of the Blanco Lavender Festival.
We appreciate your participation and hope you have a great show9